AllWoodWork Community Forums The Rust Store for all your Rust Prevention and Removal Needs.
Home
Forums
Chat
Articles
Tips
Events
Reviews
Members
Shopping
Free Plans
Misc. Pages
Links
Free Catalog

Go Back   AllWoodWork Community Forums > Wood Worker's Forums > General Woodworking
User Name
Password
Home Page Chat Articles Links Shopping Free Plans FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2004, 04:48 AM

Post mid 70's Beaver Rockwell 10" Table Saw

Hi all, I'm new to the list and decided I need some help. I have had a mid 70's Beaver Rockwell 10" Table saw for years and finnally decided to use it. The problem is when I'm ripping a piece of wood, the saw constantly throws the ciruit breaker in the house. I'm thinking it is working to hard and slows down and trips the circuit. Does anyone know what size pully's and belt should be on this saw? Does it need to spin faster? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Old 10-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Todd

Default Power cutting out on Table Saw

Hi,
I also have a 10" Rockwell Beaver Tablesaw and I had similar problems as you. When I went to use it it would cutout at the circuit breaker also. I solved the problem by using a heavier guage extension cord. Mine is a contractor grade type possibly a 12 Guage or even a 10 guage. Not sure exactly but the thicker the cord the better. If your motor is dual phase you may even want to add a new 30 or 60 amp circuit that runnings 220 /240V. Running saw at that amperage allows for faster startup and less draw on power. As opposed to running saw on 110/120V. Hope this helps.

Todd
Old 10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Smile Rockwell Beaver tables saw

Like many others, I have this saw working well in my shop. I would suggest making sure your blade is clean and sharp and if you can afford it use a thin kerf blade. The thinner kerf will use less of your motors energy to rip through the wood than a standard 1/8 wide blade. Are you using a ripping blade as well? This saw is under powered for what many of us try to make it do, but if you feed your wood slowly it should be fine. I recently cut 8/4 hard maple with mine but had to go in several passes of varying depths.

Good luck and be safe. By the way, I am replacing this saw with a General International 50-220C M1 next weekend!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Default amp. draw.

Hi,if you have exper.in elect. or know anyone that is .Check the amperage draw from the motor,with a load on the motor,shuch as (ripping)compaire with ID plate.You shouldn't exceed 75% of the breaker.15 amp draw needs 20 amp brk.also add any thing eles on that circit.also the distance,12ga.wire long dist.may requiere a heaver ga.you may jest have a week breaker.what ever the cause,we wont the brk.to trip for safty.There are alot of verables, find out what size brk.you need then replase it to that size if need be.I cant typ well, it has taken me 30 min to say this. good luck and be safe.